- Pastry: for 30 cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
- 150 g softened butter
- 250 ml flour.
- 125 Maizena
- 15 ml icing sugar
- ± 45g iced water
- 3 ml Khoisan fine seasalt
Mix everything together in food processor (or knead by hand after rubbing in butter) and press into a greased loose-bottomed cake tin.
- 500g baby onions (pour boiling water over these beforehand). Saute in olive oil and roast in 180 degree C. oven with icing sugar, Khoisan All Purpose Seasoning Seasalt and white pepper until soft.
- 200g sliced Brie cheese
- 250ml grated strong cheddar cheese, with a few chunks of mozzarella cheese.
- 300 ml cream. 4 eggs.
- 40 ml flour. 3 ml grated nutmeg
- 5 ml Khoisan African Heat seasalt.
Place onions and cheeses in unbaked crust.
Beat together cream, eggs and flour.
Add seasoning and pour over the filling.
Bake at 180 degree C. until cooked and firmly set. 35 – 45 minutes.
To serve, top with baby tomatoes, rocket leaves and crispy bacon pieces.