1 large white porcelain bowl filled with Khoisan‚Äôs Dreamtime Bathsalts with Almond oil.
1 deep bath.
1 fluffy white bath towel on heated towel rail.
1 thick pure cotton nightgown.
- Fill bath with hot steamy water.¬†¬† Close door.¬† Switch on music, if required.
- Light candles.
- Throw in one cup of ice-white Khoisan Seasalt bath crystals.¬† Stir until dissolved.
- Immerse sleek tanned body.
- Simmer until soporific.
- ¬†¬†¬† Pastry: for 30 cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
- ¬†¬† ¬†150 g softened butter
- ¬†¬† ¬†250 ml flour.
- ¬†¬† ¬†125 Maizena
- ¬†¬† ¬†15 ml icing sugar
- ¬†¬† ¬†¬Ī 45g iced water
- ¬†¬† ¬†3 ml Khoisan fine seasalt
Mix everything together in food processor (or knead by hand after rubbing in butter) and press into a greased loose-bottomed cake tin.
- 500g baby onions (pour boiling water over these beforehand).¬† Saute in olive oil and roast in 180 degree C. oven with icing sugar, Khoisan All Purpose Seasoning Seasalt and white pepper until soft.
- 200g sliced Brie cheese
- 250ml grated strong cheddar cheese, with a few chunks of mozzarella cheese.
- 300 ml cream.¬† 4 eggs.
- 40 ml flour.¬† 3 ml grated nutmeg
- 5 ml Khoisan African Heat seasalt.
Place onions and cheeses in unbaked crust.
Beat together cream, eggs and flour.
Add seasoning and pour over the filling.
Bake at 180 degree C. until cooked and firmly set.¬† 35 ‚Äď 45 minutes.
To serve, top with baby tomatoes, rocket leaves and crispy bacon pieces.
- ¬†¬†¬† Ask butcher for West Coast spring lamb shanks, short bones.
- ¬†¬† ¬†Olive oil for frying.
- ¬†¬† ¬†2 teaspoons Khoisan Seasalt flakes (or Khoisan Garlic & Parley Seasalt)
- ¬†¬† ¬†Freshly ground black pepper.¬† 2 pieces cinnamon. 5 cloves. 2 bay leaves.
- ¬†¬† ¬†6 garlic cloves chopped thickly.
- ¬†¬† ¬†2 sliced carrots.¬† 2 sliced red onions. 2 large leeks sliced.
- ¬†¬† ¬†1 packet butternut chunks or pumpkin.
- ¬†¬† ¬†1 small tin tomato paste.¬†¬† 1¬† large tin tomato & onion.
- ¬†¬† ¬†6 anchovies.
- ¬†¬† ¬†¬Ĺ cup marmalade or apricot jam.
- ¬†¬† ¬†1 cup red wine.
Heat oil in large baking pan.¬† Dust lamb shanks with flour and season with Khoisan SeaSalt and black pepper.¬† Brown in olive oil.
Layer shanks, chopped tomato & paste, cinnamon, cloves, garlic,¬† onions, carrots, anchovies, marmalade and wine in baking pan.¬†¬† Cover with foil before putting on lid.¬† Put in 200 degree oven.
After 1 ¬Ĺ – 2 hours, check there is enough sauce, then put in leeks, herbs to taste: rosemary, sage, origanum, thyme; and pumpkin chunks; taste for seasoning, and bake for a further 1 hour or when meat is almost off the bone.
- 225g Flour
- 225g Maizena
- 250g softened butter
- 110g castor snow sugar
- Pinch Khoisan fine seasalt
Sift the flour and maizena together ‚Äď add the castor sugar.
Rub butter into the dry ingredients and knead until dough is stiff.
Press dough into baking tray 20 x 29 cm.
Press pattern lightly into top of dough with wooden press (optional), then mark square slices lightly and prick with fork.
Bake at 160 degree Centigrade for one hour in middle of oven.
Let shortbread cool in tray before turning out.¬† Dust with extra castor sugar, or chocolate or rainbow 100‚Äôs¬† and 1000‚Äôs.